KidSTART @ Kampong Kapor Community Services
KidSTART empowers families to build strong foundations for their children and foster positive child development outcomes by supporting caregivers with evidence-based guidance on pregnancy, child development and assessments on the developmental progress of children from birth onwards. Our vision is to give children a good start in life.
Research suggests that experiences in a child’s early years significantly influence his or her long-term physical, cognitive and social development, and these have an impact on a child’s lifelong outcomes.
As the appointed Social Service Agency anchoring KidSTART in the Jalan Besar and Toa Payoh regions, we support eligible families with young children from 0-6 years old:
- Support in a home setting for families with children from birth to 6 years old.
- Regular home visits to guide parents with skills and practical knowledge in the areas of early childhood development, health and nutrition.
- Regular screening of the child’s growth and maternal well-being to ensure early intervention if needed.
- Families with Singapore citizen children 6 years old and below
- Has a gross monthly household income of $2,500 and below, or per capita income of $650 and below
- Families who reside in or have children enrolled in selected preschools within the Jalan Besar or Toa Payoh regions (Visit KidSTART.sg to find out about other KidSTART regions)
Click here for more information on KidSTART.